1. Are boys busier and faster now than when our son was their age?
2. And - even though little Mr. H. is built exactly like his daddy - did someone fill him with concrete? I don't ever remember his daddy being so hard to lift.
3. Why does it seem like I worked harder keeping up with them than with my kids when they were young?
4. Do they make stairs steeper and harder to climb than they used to? Especially while carrying a toddler?
5. Was I always tired at the end of the day? And did I always have a sense of relief when they were all asleep in bed and the house was quiet? Did I have a feeling of satisfaction that we had made it through another day?
6. Were there so many things calling for my attention while fixing meals back then?
8. Did my two kids have so many questions and observations of life? And such wisdom?
9. Did I lie awake at night listening for a little one who didn't feel well? Or sleep with my ears always 'turned on' and listening?
10. Did it used to be so hard to get somewhere on time? Was it this difficult to get kids to school, dropped off at the babysitter and arrive on time for an appointment?
Something changed! I'm not sure what it was. Could it be me? I don't really understand what happened but it seems this
This grandma was too busy to take many pictures. These two are the only ones I got - Mr. H. playing peek-a-boo and taking a breath. Just one breath and then he was off again.